- On sale!
DVD – Lock Stock & Riot by Peter Mckinnon
A Note From Peter Mckinnon
A Note From Peter Mckinnon
This DVD is something I originally, never intended to put out. I had a lot of these little things written down in an old leather notebook just tucked away on my book shelf, waiting for a chance, that perfect moment to present themselves.
I perform them regularly, but have never shown them to more than a handful of very close friends. Once thinking about the idea of releasing these to the community, I started shifting towards print. There is something about the written word that I love and always come back too.
However, Upon several Skype conversations with the Ellusionist team, and test driving some of the effects in Los Angeles this past summer, it occurred to me they HAVE to be put to DVD.There is no way I will be able to translate just how visual some of these pieces are with words-It HAS to be seen.
Inside you will find 6 pieces of magic in the form of routines, sleights and flourishes. Magic with finger rings, magic with neck ties and of course, playing cards.
Scattered throughout several of the routines are then variations based on those routines - I go into plenty of detail explaining every single nuance of every corner and crevasse these effects have to offer. With a run time of over an hour of instruction and performance, I invite you to step inside that once forgotten leather notebook, and get ready for an influx of visual magic.
On The Dvd
• Pandora - Pete's favorite effect from this DVD. A card is genuinely selected from a shuffled deck, the deck put aside and the card put back in the box and the whole thing is handed back to the spectator to hold. Instantly, the card has vanished - only to appear in the performer's back pocket, inside his hat, stuck to the back of the box - or wherever else he wants.
• Pantheon - A Ring is placed onto the finger - and then slowly melts off with a rub. One further the rub, and the whole ring disappears. With a wave of the hand, the ring rematerialises back on the first finger. A modular routine that's a superb deviation from the 'common card trick'.
• Revelator - A quick flourishy production of a full fan of cards from a single card held at the fingertips
• Dragonfly 2.0 - From a free flourish & control given to Black Club Members comes this full transposition effect. A card inserted into the centre of the deck in a flourish swaps places with one clearly placed at the bottom of the deck.
• Suit Up - A Necktie appears in the action of taking off a hat. An opener that breaks the ice, like a Sir.
• Breakdown - As seen on the Infinity, Artifice, LTD, ShadowMaster and BlackGhost trailers - it's the flourish Pete has been inundated with requests to teach. On this DVD - he finally.. uh.. breaks it down.
• By Peeter Paju - Feb 4, 2014: One of the best magic DVD I know. I use it almost everyday. Thanks Peter Mckinnon!
• By Thomas Wong - Jan 14, 2014: Very well done, had a great experience with this product. It teaches you so many amazing tricks that are so simple. Definitely worth every penny.
• By Richard Brealey - Jan 10, 2014: Very cool DVD, the stuff you learn is well taught and looks awesome when you perform it. Overall very enjoyable to watch and learn, definitely a good buy!